THE BRIGHT, BOLD LIP “HOW TO” …….
So, Everyone is seeing the Bold Lip trend right now, Yes everywhere!!! But, how do YOU do it “and” get it right, as well as STAY! This is how…
* First, you want to prep your lips. What I mean by this is Exfoliate, Moisturize and Plump.
OPTION 1. (Save) The fast, inexpensive way is after you brush your teeth, brush your lips..this removes dead skin AND plumps by stimulating the blood. Then add moisture, I use Aquaphor.
OPTION 2. The (Splurge), and, I have the time way, exfoliate your lips with cinnamon & sugar. The sugar removes the dead skin and the cinnamon is a natural plumper, it stimulates the blood (Added Bonus) the scent of the cinnamon will suppress the appetite! OR, get a lip plumping treatment like “Eminence Cinnamon Kiss Organic lip Plumper” Then moisturize, I like “Hissyfit” lip treatment!
* Next, Prime your lips and set the canvas for color…
OPTION 1. (Save) Blot your lips on a tissue to remove excess moisture and camouflage with any concealer, OR your foundation removing your natural lip color (Think Mannequin lips) and set with powder. Baby powder, talc powder or your pressed powder.
OPTION 2. (Splurge) Conceal all redness out of lips, I like ”Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer” And set with translucent powder like“Makeup Forever HD Translucent Powder”.
NOW, IT’S COLOR TIIMMEEEE…..
* CHOOSE YOUR LIP COLOR AND GET A MATCHING LIP PENCIL TO MATCH THAT COLOR!
1. Line your lips with your pencil either on the natural line to keep the existing shape, or outside of your line to create the illusion of fuller lips ( I need to do that, because my lips are small hahaha)
2. Fully color in your lips with the pencil and set with powder. Now apply your color. Use a lip brush to apply the lipstick, this will make your application precise and last longer versus applying straight from the lipstick itself.
3. YOU NEED TO BLOT ON A TISSUE!!! This is key. Then set with powder (Yes Again) And apply one more coat of lipstick.
4. Walah, Your Done! you can apply a little gloss on top to really make them glossy and fuller if you want. Now, go show off those sexy lips.
CHECK OUT MY BOLD LIP I DID YESTERDAY…
***THIS IS A BIT HIGH MAINTENANCE IF YOUR GOING TO GIVE IT A GO, YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR LIP LINER AND LIPSTICK WITH YOU ON THE GO TO ALWAYS FRESHEN UP, BUT, IF DONE WITH THE STEPS BELOW, THE TOUCHUPS WON’T BE AS FREQUENT, IT WILL LAST 100 TIMES LONGER!
Now, Go Pick Out Your Color….. Thanks For Reading :)
***TOMORROW, THRIFTY THURSDAY!By Candice Manacchio XOXO